Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Slimming World: Before and After

I thought I'd do a Slimming World before and after post to show you how far I've come so far on my journey. The picture on the left is me a couple of years ago at my heaviest and probably most unhappiest too. The picture on the right is me a couple of weeks ago, almost 3 stones lighter. All of the weight I've lost has been thanks to Slimming World, just over 2 of those were since joining group.

Slimming World before and after

I first gave Slimming World a go from home after hearing how my sisters friend had done so well and had found it relatively easy to stick to.. I tried a few times but I had zero motivation doing it alone. Shortly after we moved back to our hometown, I managed to persuade my sister to join a group with me as I was too scared to go by myself. That was mid-late April and I haven't looked back since!

I strongly believe if I hadn't joined the group, I'd never have been able to do it because it keeps me motivated. Nobody wants to go along to group and hear "Now, you've had a gain this week.. Do you know where it's come from?" you almost feel like you don't want to let the group down, let alone yourself and it's like a bit of a competition with yourself to do well. Do you know what I mean? I still enjoy my food and still have a good (by good I mean big) appetite. I don't feel like I'm depriving myself - if I did then I'd probably have given up already! I'm not at target yet, I have another 10lb to target but I'm pretty sure I'll move the goal post - I'll decide when I get there depending on how I look and feel. I will definitely still stay to group even when I'm at target.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The group I go to isn't huge, there's around 15-20 of us that actually stay I think but everyone is really nice and friendly. Our consultant is lovely, she's so caring and always there if you need her in and out of group. I had a bit of a wobble a couple of weeks ago as I'd been poorly for 2-3 weeks which made me feel like not bothering and literally ate (on top of a few other syns) a whole bag of giant buttons (31.5 syns FYI!!) then felt guilty so I sent her a message on Facebook, she was so lovely and gave me some great advice and I managed to pull it back by being super good for the rest of the week and lost 2.5lb at weigh in!

As you can see from the picture, I also won woman of the year! I was given some lovely gifts and everybody in group was so kind. I got my 2 stone award that day too so it was a great day for me!

Are any of you on a weight loss journey too? xxx

2 comments:

  1. Great job! You have done so well! I have heard great things about slimming world. I lost a couple of stone about 4 years ago so now it's about maintenance and making sure if I put on a little but of weight I pull it back to being healthy - which is where I am at the moment, getting back on the healthy wagon. Congrats :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte | Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Slimming World is fantastic, it's literally rescued me! They say maintaining is the hard bit so good luck you :) x

      Delete