Wednesday 24 September 2014

I Bought A Dress!?

Anyone that knows me will know I never wear dresses. Infact I would challenge anyone I know to name the last time or even A time they've seen me wearing one aside from work parties, funerals or our engagement party. At my heaviest and being top heavy, I could never find a dress that didn't make me look like a dumpling.. Anything I liked seemed to show off my "donut" of fat round my middle so I ended up avoiding them altogether.

Fast forward to last Sunday, 5 months at Slimming World and over 2 stone gone forever, I grabbed a dress from the "normal" range in New Look, tried it on and fell in love. Just to be shopping in the "normal" range again feels so good but to try on something I've always wanted to wear but never felt comfortable in and love how it looks was just amazing!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Sure, I still have far more fat on my body than I'm happy with but you don't get to where you want to be over night, it takes time. I'm just so chuffed with how the dress looks and feels, how it doesn't show off my fat but skims over it and hides my lumps and bumps - apart from my boobs, it makes them look pretty good FYI!


It's really comfortable to wear as it has some give without giving the impression that it's going to lose it's shape and because it's a thicker kind of material with 3/4 sleeves it will be perfect for autumn. I plan on wearing it out to dinner a couple of evenings on holiday next week but when I'm back I shall be wearing it with some black tights and black boots. I'm definitely going to be keeping my eyes peeled for more dresses like this - especially now I have a wider choice of shops I can shop in again!

Where's your favourite place to shop? xxx

2 comments:

  1. Go you for nearing your goals and feeling fab in your new dress :) it looks lovely on you!

    IN MY SUNDAY BEST BLOG

    Sade xo

    ReplyDelete